Pupils at St John Bosco Catholic Primary School are growing to be:
- Grateful for their own gifts, for the gift of other people, and for the blessings of each day; and generous with their gifts, becoming men and women for others.
- Attentive to their experience and to their vocation; and discerning about the choices they make and the effects of those choices.
- Compassionate towards others, near and far, especially the less fortunate; and loving by their just actions and forgiving words.
- Faith-filled in their beliefs and hopeful for the future.
- Eloquent and truthful in what they say of themselves, the relations between people, and the world.
- Learned, finding God in all things; and wise in the ways they use their learning for the common good.
- Curious about everything; and active in their engagement with the world, changing what they can for the better.
- Intentional in the way they live and use the resources of the earth, guided by conscience; and prophetic in the example they set to others.
Each half term, the children develop their understanding of two new virtues and strive to apply these to their everyday lives.
The children have the opportunity to write how they have applied these virtues onto a leaf and display it on our class Virtues Trees. At the end of the half term, the leaves of children who we believe have been exemplary in showing these values are placed onto our larger tree, so that as the year moves on, the children’s demonstrations of the Jesuit virtues will fill its branches.
Our Current Virtues – Summer Term 1 2021
This term we are learning to be Compassionate and Loving.
Compassionate: We are compassionate when we feel sympathy and concern for other people who are in difficulty, whether they are near to us or far away.
Loving: We are loving when we show our sympathy and concern for other people by our actions and by our words.
A Prayer for Compassion Lord God
You are full of compassion and love for us, your children.
Help us to be compassionate to our classmates at school
and our family at home,
so that we can reflect God’s love in our lives.