Assemblies and other Teams Meetings
In the case of a national lockdown so children at working remotely, we will provide as much live teaching and support as possible.
It is important that your child tries to attend all of their meetings. Though please don’t worry if you have an issue with technology resulting in you being unable to attend a meeting – just send an email to your class teacher letting them know that you missed a meeting and they will help you catch up.
Assemblies will take place at 8.45am. These are optional for children but are a nice way of allowing children from other classes to see each other and for us to come together as a school community. Please do your best to attend where possible. Live assemblies through Teams take place on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Children in KS2 will have a link through their own Outlook account. Join in the same way as you do for your class lessons. Other children, in younger classes, will have a link forwarded to their parent’s email account. Just click the link to join – you do not have to have a Teams or Outlook account to join a meeting.
- Monday at 8.45am: Head of School assembly
- Tuesday at 8.45am: Music assembly with Mrs Shaikh
- Wednesday at 8.45am: No Teams assembly – say your own private prayers at home
- Thursday at 8.45am: Reading assembly – a teacher will read to the children a Bible passage or a nice story with a meaning
- Friday at 8.45am: Assembly from Ten:Ten. A link will be sent to you to watch an assembly. Alternatively, you can use the school website to practice the prayers that you need to learn for your year group. Go to Catholic Life and then click on Prayers.
Live Meetings for EYFS and Key Stage 1
All children in the younger classes will be given the option to meet on a weekly basis with their class teacher and a few friends. A Teams link will be sent to the parent’s email address. Just click join on the meeting link.
The purpose of these meetings is mainly for well-being. We believe that it is important to give the children an opportunity to interact with their peers. It is also really useful for the class teacher to be able to have a video chat with the children to check how they are, answer any questions and help them with any work, where necessary.
It is clear that the children love these meetings so please do your best to help your child to join in.
- Year 2 – 1.00 to 1.15pm
- Year 1 – 1.45 to 2.00pm
- Reception – 2.30 to 2.45pm
Live Teaching for Key Stage 2
Children in Key Stage 2 will receive daily live lessons run by their class teacher. These are really important to try to attend. Years 3 and 4 have one each morning and Years 5 and 6 have one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
All KS2 children have all been shown in school how to access the meetings but please contact your class teacher if you are struggling.
The children have their own Outlook account so the link to join the lesson is in their email account and not their parents.
- Year 6 – 9.00 to 9.45am and 1.15 to 1.45pm
- Year 5 – 9.45 to 10.30am and 2.00 to 2.30pm
- Year 4 – 10.30 to 11.15am
- Year 3 – 11.15 to 12.00 noon
Hot Listing for Key Stage 2
Twice per week, children in Key Stage 2 have the opportunity to stay on their Teams lesson for an extra fifteen to twenty minutes. The purpose of this is to support any child who needs a little more help with any of the teaching from that day or week.
Teaching assistants lead these small groups which work really effectively in tackling misconceptions and ensuring all children are able to make progress with their learning.