The following websites are useful for further guidance and support:
- BBC Own It – a place to help you boss your life online.
- Childnet International – for primary children.
- Childnet International – for teachers and professionals.
- Facebook Family Safety Centre – guides to Facebook settings.
- Internet Matters – a guide to help you through the many issues children can experience when using the internet.
- Internet Watch Foundation – the UK Hotline for reporting criminal online content.
- Report Online Terrorist Material (gov.uk) – report illegal terrorist information, pictures or videos you’ve found on the internet. Your report will be treated anonymously.
- ThinkUKnow – learning resource for children.
- UK Safer Internet Centre: Parental Controls – how to set up parental controls offered by your home ISP.
These documents are all in pdf format, and are here for you to read/download:
- A Parent’s Guide to Facebook
- Facebook Checklist
- How to set up Facebook Privacy Controls
- How to set up Parental Controls on the Xbox 360 (Microsoft)
- How to set up Google Safe Search
- How to set up YouTube Safety Mode
- Inspecting E-Safety in Schools (Ofsted)
- Keeping up with Children on the Internet (Childnet International)
- Online Gaming: An Introduction for Parents and Carers (Childnet International)