From September 2014, all schools are expected to publish information about their provision for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
This includes the ‘Local Offer’, which helps parents/carers understand what services they and their families can expect from a range of local agencies. It should help them understand how the system works, and how the local authority, local area and the school will support both the child and the family.
You can read details of our special needs provision and local offer below:
- SEND Information Report – 2020
- SEND Local Offer – 2020
- Accessibility Plan – 2018-21
- Whole School Provision Map – 2020-21
- Speech, Language and Communication – Useful websites for parents
- DfE: SEND Code of Practice – Jan 2015
- Sandwell Council: SEND Local Offer
- Sandwell Council: SEND Information
- Sandwell Council: Education, Health and Care Plans
- Sandwell Information Advice and Support: SENDIASS
Also see our SEND Policy on our Policies and Documents page.
Speech and Language Therapist Enhancement Service
St John Bosco has purchased additional support from the Speech and Language Department Enhancement Service to support communication and language needs within school.
This is a comprehensive service for any child identified and prioritised by school staff.
Children with communication and language needs may be seen in clinic, home or school depending on the child’s needs. For the majority of school aged children it will be most appropriate for children to be supported in the school environment.
Our school therapist aims to work with school staff to support access to the curriculum for those children who have physical, speech, language and communication needs.
Our school therapist is Louise Bullock, who works together with the SENCo and class teachers to offer support for the following areas:
- Liaison with parents, carers, and school;
- Specific daily/weekly intervention according to needs identified;
- Training of other professionals to support identified concerns;
- WellComm Screening;
- Provide reports for teachers to deliver specific targets on a regular basis;
- Attendance at parents’ meetings where requested.
For additional information, or any questions regarding communication and language needs please contact Mrs Jacky Briscoe, SENCO, on 0121 556 0228.